Quality Recruiting has an opportunity for a Quality Control Assistant at our client a leader in the energy field!
Temp-hire, Day shift and pay range: $18.00-20.00 per hour.
This position supports the Quality Control and Plant Manager with the following responsibilities:
• Measuring and weighing scrap by using calipers, micrometers and height gauges in both metric and standard.
• Calibrating measuring tools including: Calipers, micrometers, height gauges
• Creating spreadsheets and charts in Excel and data entry of test/measurement results.
• Creating/modifying documents in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Analyzing charts from measurement data to watch for trends and consistency of data
• Developing metrics for manufacturing processes including (basic assembly steps or scrap) on production line
• Developing and writing machine operation and testing procedures
• Reading/interpreting drawings and customer requirements
• Performing audits in compliance with ISO 9001:2008 or 9001:2015
• One to three years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Able to read blueprints.
• Strong analytical skills in interpreting measurement data and developing metrics.
• Some technical writing skills to compose machine operation and testing procedures.
• Experience in an ISO registered environment.
• Experience in performing audits preferred.
• Associates in a technical field either Mechanical or Electrical Technology/Engineering or relevant coursework, training or experience.
• Certifications in Quality or technical field preferred but not required. (ASQ) certifications including: Quality Inspector, Quality Technician, Calibration Technician, Quality Improvement Associate, Quality Auditor, Quality Process Analyst, and/or Lean Six Sigma Yellow/Green/Black Belts