Our client, a commercial print/packaging company located in Rochester, NY, is looking for a Junior Sales Representative to service their Eastern New York/New England territory.
Job Purpose: Prospect and call on existing client base as well as provided leads
Serves customers by selling products; meeting customer needs.
* Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
* Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
* Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of dealers.
* Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
* Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
* Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
* Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
* Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales
Salary: $60,000-40,000 DOE