Our client a leader in Benefits Management has an immediate Temp-Hire opportunity for a Healthcare Data Analyst!
Pay up to $22.00 per hour.
The primary duties are:
• Working with the Chief Actuary and Clinical Review Director to provide analytic expertise in the review of clinical and financial data.
• Involved in the development, implementation and dissemination of new and existing analysis and reporting projects related to benefit design, cost, utilization, and quality.
• Using database management tools and statistical methodologies, the Healthcare Data Analyst will provide reports using various methods to measure and evaluate current and future benefit design initiatives, client-specific plan performance, and population health management strategies.
• Produces high quality data reports and presentations, performs supplemental drill down as well as visual aids (charts, graphs) or summaries to assist with explanation of the findings. Analysis may involve independent structuring of a study including initial evaluation of the request, extraction of data from data system(s), application of Excel and other tools to manage large sets of data and production of high quality, professional reports for distribution.
• Serve in a consultative design role and work closely with team members to proactively identify a technology solution for a client’s needs
• Test for accuracy and improvement in processes that include, but are not limited to: enrollment, website content, setup of enrollment modules and maintenance of supporting documentation
• Report on trends and identify system updates that would eliminate errors
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to identify necessary data elements, prepare extracts, and analyze data to provide solutions required.
• Must possess strong analytical skills with a focus on meeting the expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers.
• Excellent working knowledge of data warehousing, data extraction and modeling with query/reporting software, and standard query language for relational databases.
• Advanced Excel skills including entering and editing complex formulas, filtering lists, sorting ranges, creating and running macros, and using data analysis tools (pivot tables, scenarios, etc.) required.
• Intermediate Word and PowerPoint skills required.
• Superior problem solving and judgement.
• Health insurance or industry related experience.
• Medical terminology knowledge a plus
• Working knowledge of current health care claims data coding (e.g. ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, Revenue codes, etc.)
A qualified candidate must have:
• Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred with either a quantitative (i.e. actuarial, statistics, economics, computer, science, applied math, etc.) or a healthcare major (i.e. health administration, public health, etc.)
• Experience: 2-5 years of experience with direct analysis and management healthcare data, including medical and pharmacy data.
• Experience in specific medical database (such as Verscend, NavMD, Medai, Truven, etc.) strongly preferred.
• Strong experience with computer database systems, software, spreadsheets, and word processing.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume in a Word document to:email@example.com