Are you looking to apply your expertise in Systems Administration? Quality Recruiting has a new opening in the Greater Rochester area with a growing financial services company. They are looking for candidates with the following experience:
This position is responsible for maintaining technology systems, including server, database, networking hardware, software, and their operations. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and software equipment to ensure optimal computing and equipment performance. Position is located at HQ and will occasionally require travel to all branches.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Maintain and monitor network and server systems according to regulatory and best practice standards. This includes maintaining own knowledge of computer, server, database, networking technology, and applicable regulatory and industry best practices. Proactively provide recommendations and changes to our technology environment.
2. Recognize, anticipate, troubleshoot, repair, and resolve all network and server related problems.
3. Maintain security of network and server systems according to regulatory and best practice standards. This includes supporting and working with in-house security systems and third party scanning and monitoring services. Also ensure proper login security and authorization levels are maintained. Record and report any unauthorized intrusions to Supervisor and resolve security breaches in a timely manner.
4. Maintain regular and consistent backups of network and server systems, meeting regulatory and best practice standards for business continuity.
5. Maintain documentation and be able to report on network/server systems: a) asset management, b) software and hardware licensing, c) Network LAN/WAN topology, d) instances of equipment failure, repair, installation, and removal, e) unauthorized security intrusions, f) business continuity plans, g) vendor warranty and maintenance agreements, and h) system performance and utilization information.
6. Provide technical support and direction to IS staff so that problems are prevented and resolved quickly without significant interruption. Also provide assistance to staff as requested. This will include supporting the execution and testing of company initiatives. Travel to other company locations may be required.
7. Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and IS Department staff.
8. Proactively initiate requests to Supervisor for vendor warranty and maintenance arrangement renewals and purchase requests, software and hardware licensing renewals and purchase requests, and equipment upgrades and purchase requests.
9. Act as support for the Desktop Administrator and the Systems Administrator.
10. When necessary, work with third-party support and equipment vendors to facilitate repairs, upgrades, and system installations.
11. Assist in the development of long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future networking and system needs. Proactively report needs to Supervisor.
Required Training and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field with a minimum of 3 years of related work experience. Additional work experience is desired and may be considered in lieu of education requirements.
2. At least 2 years’ experience working in a high traffic, high availability environment preferred.
3. Microsoft MCSE certification highly desired. Additional industry certifications beneficial, including Security+, Network+, VMware, and Cisco CCNA.
4. Hands on experience with industry standard server and desktop virtualization technologies; anti-virus, malware, and intrusion prevention technologies; automated software updating and patching services, and data encryption and secure file transmission technologies.