• Designs structure and details individual components; prepare schematic structural system.
• Coordinates the project with the Project Manager and other engineers (e.g. mechanical).
• Oversees the production of specific jobs and completes the drafting and documentation; delegate pieces of design and review work.
• Occasionally meet directly with the client; perform field visits to observe progress.
• Participate in the review of project schedules, construction costs and project status.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Must hold a 4 or 5-year undergraduate degree or Master’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology, along with 5 years of previous experience is required.
• The Structural Engineer must be NYS licensed (P.E.)
• Experience with wood-frame construction design preferred.
• Experience with application of building codes and reference standards (IBC, ASCE 7, AISC 360, ACI 318, NDS) preferred.
• Be an advanced-level user of RAM and Enercalc.
• Be an intermediate-level user of Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Architectural Desktop and Revit.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills and organizational skills.
Quality Recruiting, a 2008, 2011 and 2012 Rochester, NY Top 100 Company, is a full service employment agency and executive search firm that believes in old-fashioned values. We treat our customers and our applicants with the respect that we would expect ourselves. We strive to find just the right candidates for our client companies. We feel strongly that our successes come from the types of people that share in our philosophies.