This position is for an experienced Presales/Post sales engineer to design, and implement best of breed Storage, Backup, and Virtualization Solutions.
A successful candidate will work as part of a Professional Services team to lead our Storage and Backup practices in the design, implementation and ongoing support. Part of this role is to be a key escalation point for other support teams as needed
Must have experience working with multiple industry leading vendor solutions, such as CommVault, Symantec NetBackup, and Veritas Storage Foundation.
As a Sr. Storage & Backup Engineer, you will be responsible for Engineering, Architecture, Design and Implementation of Storage and backup solutions for our wide variety of customers throughout Western New York.
As a senior member on the storage and backup team, the ideal candidate is proficient in troubleshooting, designing, implementing and upgrading of various enterprise SAN, storage and backup infrastructures for on premise and in the cloud.
• Planning, design, and implementation of enterprise class storage and backup infrastructure for mission critical applications in a complex and small business environments. Includes developing and implementing maintenance plans and activities for capacity increases, firmware upgrades and other related maintenance.
• Troubleshooting – assist cross functional teams and internal customers to diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for storage and backup infrastructure issues.
• Recommendations for proactive monitoring and capacity planning of storage and backup environment. Includes proactively evaluating and analyzing performance, issues and metrics in order to provide recommendations for service improvements within the storage and backup infrastructure solutions for clients.
• Research new technologies and trends in the storage, backup and data center area to identify methods to make continuous improvements in the storage and backup service offerings. Occasionally give presentations to other leaders as required.
• Work on cross functional project teams, and develop solutions to optimize applications and improve the overall end user experience. Plan, coordinate, structure, and execute complex tasks that involve multiple teams for day to day operations and project work.
• Create operational and engineering documentation for current and future state of customer solutions for storage and backup environment.
• Proven hands on experience with storage and backup technologies such as CommVault
• Proven hands on experience in design, implementation, and maintenance of small to large-scale storage and backup infrastructures.
• Strong project management and communications/interpersonal skills will be required to complement the required technical knowledge to deal effectively with client base.
• 3 + years technical design, and implementation experience
3 + years SAN and/or NAS storage and infrastructure implementation experience
• 3 + years Enterprise Backup/DR implementation experience
• 3 + years of VMWare Virtualization technology implementation experience
• Experience and Certifications in Netapp, Nexsan, HP, and EMC storage systems - a plus
• Experience and Certifications Nimble Storage Solutions Specialist - a plus
• Experience and Certifications in Commvault, Symantec, EMC, and Evault Backup Software - a plus
• Experience and Certifications in Microsoft Certified Professional – Windows Server 2012 - a plus
• Experience and Certifications Microsoft Certified Specialist – Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper V and System Center – a plus
• Experience and Certifications VMware Certified Professional
Additional Certifications Preferred:
• Commvault Certified Master – a plus
• Commvault Certified Professional – a plus
• Microsoft Certified Professional – Windows Server 2012
• Microsoft Certified Specialist – Server Virtualization, Windows Server Hyper V and System Center
• Netapp Certified Data Administrator, Clustered Data ONTAP
• VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization
• HPE ATP – Storage Solutions V2
Nimble Storage Solutions Specialist
Quality Recruiting, a 2008, 2011 and 2012 Rochester, NY Top 100 Company, is a full service employment agency and executive search firm that believes in old-fashioned values. We treat our customers and our applicants with the respect that we would expect ourselves. We strive to find just the right candidates for our client companies. We feel strongly that our successes come from the types of people that share in our philosophies.