Our client is currently seeking a qualified Estimator/Project Manager to assist in pricing, organizing and completing commercial electrical construction and remodeling projects in the Rochester, NY region.
• Responding to bid invitations, gathering plans and documents, performing pre-bid site visits.
• Accurate and thorough take-offs of bid documents.
• Submitting RFI’s, gathering and evaluating vendor quotes.
• Submit bids in a timely fashion.
• Price and submit change orders.
• Meet with owners to ascertain their needs and refine the scope.
• Review value-engineering options with owners and GC’s.
• Create budget proposals and negotiate contracts.
• Design & build per NEC and all electrical standards.
• Create schedules of value.
• Create BOM’s for vendor pricing.
• Buy-outs of materials and major packages.
• Organize manpower and materials to kickoff projects.
• Direct and supervise projects.
• Purchase materials, write PO’s.
• Monitor deliveries.
• Attend job meetings.
• Recognize and communicate to customer any changes in the work that require a change order.
• Review progress with foremen to expedite completion.
• Submit monthly billings to accounting.
• Ensure all projects are completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Build and maintain client relationships with general contractors, developers, owners, architects, engineers and vendors.
• Plan and coordinate projects for efficiency of labor, materials and tools.
• Respond to customer requests.
• Follow our company policies, procedures and directives.
Successful candidates will possess:
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to write concise proposals.
• Knowledge of the NEC, OSHA and building standards.
• Knowledge of fire alarm and network wiring.
• Ability to multi-task, work on multiple projects at one time.
• Ability to concisely communicate with employees, customers and vendors.
• Strong problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Timely responses to billing, proposals, employee requests and customer needs.
• Ability to represent the company in a positive, professional manner.
• A friendly, team-oriented attitude!!
• 5-10 years electrical construction estimating.
• 5-10 years electrical field experience.
• Valid NYS drivers license.
• Background check.
Quality Recruiting, a 2008, 2011 and 2012 Rochester, NY Top 100 Company, is a full service employment agency and executive search firm that believes in old-fashioned values. We treat our customers and our applicants with the respect that we would expect ourselves. We strive to find just the right candidates for our client companies. We feel strongly that our successes come from the types of people that share in our philosophies.