Quality Recruiting, Rochester, NY
Looking to work for one of the leading engineering companies that specialize in sensors within the manufacturing and medical industries? Our client based in Rochester, NY is in search of an Embedded C++ Engineer looking to develop cutting edge solutions and has a passion for new technology.
• Candidate should have an understanding of embedded system programming and experience with real time operating systems.
• Performs detailed design activities, including but not limited to: development of device drivers, communication protocol implementation, system optimization and test, application development and user interface integration. Includes ability to write and interpret detailed design specifications and software interface specifications, document testing procedures, preparing for and participating in design reviews.
• Works closely together with other software engineers to optimize overall system performance and integrate software components.
• Efficiently port algorithms developed in Matlab to the embedded platform. Utilize test platforms to ensure similar results.
• Employee will report directly to the Director of Research and Development of the Employer.
• A successful candidate must be highly self-motivated and have a fundamental understanding of digital hardware, embedded microprocessor / DSP design and high level software design.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Software Engineering
• 4+ years of relevant experience required
• Extensive experience in C, C++, and C#
• Prior exposure to full software lifecycle experience from concept to product release and resolution of field issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Linux device driver design and debugging and operating system use
• Fluency with at least 1 scripting language such as Perl, Python, or Ruby
• Knowledge of JIRA and Zephyr for quality and test management
• Knowledge of Subversion for source code management
• Knowledge of ISO 62304 and ISO 13485