Responsible for system design for embedded products covering multiple disciplines but focused primarily in the area of RF, signal processing and wireless system design.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Key technical interface with potential customers to promote services
• Responsible to solicit and document use cases and requirements from newly engaged customers
• The interface between sales and engineering to drive cost and schedule estimates for new products
• Analyzing, documenting, and communicating system tradeoffs for new product development
• Performing system design tasks for new products such as architecture selection
• RF system design: Link budget analysis, cascade analysis, signal processing, etc.
• Analog circuit design: Opamps, BJTs, FETs, diodes, analog signal conditioning
• RF design simulations using Matlab or other RF system design tools
• Technical leadership of product development from requirements through production
• Designing digital systems with microprocessor, FPGA, DSP and standards based wireless electronics
• Mentor junior level embedded engineers.
Education and Prior Work Experience:
• BS EE, MS
• 10+ years of experience in System Engineering and RF development
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
• Digital communications and RF systems experience, including link margin / system gain analysis
• Hardware design of embedded systems (Schematics, PCBs, etc.)
• Matlab and other RF simulator tools
• Understanding of RF circuit design (cascades, mixing, amplifiers, filtering, oscillators, etc.)
• Experience using oscilloscopes, signal generators, network analyzers, VSAs and spectrum analyzers
• Understanding of nonlinear circuits, measurements, and simulation techniques
• Digital Signal Processing (sampling, filtering, mixing, Fourier analysis, etc.)
• Digital design experience (processors, DSPs, FPGAs, etc.)
• Strong communication skills required
• Technical leadership skills required
• Creation of technical whitepapers
Quality Recruiting, a 2008, 2011 and 2012 Rochester, NY Top 100 Company, is a full service employment agency and executive search firm that believes in old-fashioned values. We treat our customers and our applicants with the respect that we would expect ourselves. We strive to find just the right candidates for our client companies. We feel strongly that our successes come from the types of people that share in our philosophies.